Having just completed the P of M course last semester, I would prefer to spend more time on Appreciation, understanding and nature (I'm a big fan of "nature as art" and the artistic nature of other beings). For those same reasons and the portrait and landscape qualities of some photography, I'm very interested in Photography and representation.
I'm curious to learn about Feelings and fictions simply because it is a topic I have not previously contemplated. I abhor horror movies, I don't subject myself to them (or extreme violence or pornography) however, I am curious about what they do to us from a biological/psychological perspective - what function do they/can they serve to those who expose themselves to it, and what it is that I and others who never expose ourselves to horror as entertainment are, perhaps, missing. I am interested in Part 9 because I lack knowledge on this topic, and I'm very curious about most things which are novel to me. Wouldn't mind skipping Section 10 just because I know the topic makes me uncomfortable, but once again, novelty, curiosity of philosophical angle to topic...
Would love to debate Public Art and Are there societies without art? because these are topics I am passionate about, and about which I am eager to learn more.
I assume DKJ has read the text and would appreciate his insight on the topics, and I think your idea for an Aesthetics II has great merit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have read the text. My own view -- in this course and elsewhere -- is that any content whatsoever is an adequate source of potentially insightful and engaging discussion (when approached with the proper mindset and requisite level of scholarly preparation -- as you and others routinely do).
Post a Comment