Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Interspecies Communication - possible or probable?



Wood said, “Consciousness is a networked awareness, a with-knowing, a knowing that even as it is separated into different modalities, draws on those others. Something similar could be said about the relation between individual awareness and the connection this establishes, or sustains with others.” And “our being able to focus on one particular domain or object is quite compatible with that capacity being in fact dependent on the same being having many other capacities, and with there ultimately being an integrative basis for this connectedness in our embodied existence.”

Was he saying that living beings are capable of individual consciousness plus the capacity to network with others in a consciously aware manner?

Is Woods saying he believes interspecies communication is possible and even probable?

1 comment:

RyaBrook said...

Nice pictures! (Moose and beavers)That pretty much covers our methods proposals :)

About your post:
I don't have an answer to the question about Wood's meanings there, but I did want to add- that birds of different species have a universal language- knowing that another species is warning about a predator. I'm sure you've said that you've observed something similar with your pets. I always thought this bird thing was quite similar to humans and primates, which makes sense, they're in the same (family is it?)